Use an e-resource
Oxford Dictionaries Premium
This e-resource is available from a library computer and from home.
Oxford Dictionaries Premium is your destination whenever you need language guidance: every time you need to know the meaning or pronunciation of a word, how to translate in into another language, or whether you're using it correctly. It's your first point of reference and your guide to the language of today.
- Unsurpassed current English dictionary content - more than 350,000 entries and definitions, and over 600,000 synonyms and antonyms
- Responsive design makes the site accessible across all mobile devices
- Almost two million full example sentences showing words in use
- Audio pronunciations for US and British English definitions
- Specialist dictionaries and usage guides for writers, editors, and legal professionals
- Guidelines to writing in everyday situations, from applying for a job to general correspondence
- Updated four times a year
From a library computer or from home:
What you will need to login:
Frequently asked questions
I am trying to log in but have forgotten my library card number?
You will need to visit your local library with identification and proof of address (i.e. driving licence, utility bill) so we can look you up and provide you with your library card number.