National restrictions from 5 November
COVID-19 case numbers are rising rapidly across the whole of the UK, so as a city, we must act now to control the spread of the virus and help keep Coventry safe.
From Thursday 5 November you must:
- Stay at home, except for specific purposes.
- Avoid meeting people you do not live with, except for specific purposes.
- Close certain businesses and venues.
These new measures will reduce the growth rate of coronavirus, which will:
- prevent the NHS from being overwhelmed
- ensure schools, colleges and universities can stay open
- ensure that as many people as possible can continue to work.
Remember – Hands – Face – Space
- hands – wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds
- face – wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet
- space – stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings or increasing ventilation indoors
Download our guide and infographics for the national restrictions in place
There is separate guidance for households with a possible or confirmed coronavirus infection.
- Stay at home
- Meeting others safely
- Where and when you can meet in larger groups
- Businesses and venues
- Weddings, civil partnerships, and funerals
- Going to work
- Education, school, college and university
- Childcare and children’s activities
- Protecting people more at risk from coronavirus -guidance to help protect clinically extremely vulnerable people in Coventry
- Visiting relatives in care homes
- Staying away from home overnight
- Moving home
- Financial support