Council Tax - change of circumstances

Pages in Council Tax - change of circumstances

  1. Council Tax - change of circumstances
  1. Landlords


The amount you or your tenant pay depends on which band your property is in and the number of residents who are in that property. For example, if you have a sole tenant who is liable to pay their own Council Tax bill, they will be entitled to a single person discount.

In some cases the owner, not the resident will be liable. These cases include:

  • Houses in multiple occupation
  • Residential nursing or care homes and some hostels
  • Religious communities
  • Property occupied by resident staff to enable them to carry out their duties
  • Property where a minister of religion lives and works
  • Property occupied by asylum seekers

What you need to tell us

You need to let us know as soon as possible when your tenants change.

Telling us quickly about tenancy changes allows us to:

  • Reduce the amount of letters/e-mails we send you
  • Issue accurate Council Tax bills more quickly

This should mean less administration and hassle for you.

Council Tax

Open 9am–5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)

Email: [email protected]

Tel: 024 7683 1111


If you do need to call us,
please try to avoid our busiest times
of lunchtime and early afternoon.

Is there anything wrong with this page?