Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire (CSW) COVID Business Pledge
The Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire COVID Secure Business Pledge or CSW COVID Secure Business Pledge is open to businesses in Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire to sign up to.
The pledge seeks to promote COVID Secure best practice while providing reassurance to employees and customers of businesses in the local area. The pledge is a marketing tool to help promote that your business is doing the right thing for customers, and provide reassurance to staff.
This is a voluntary pledge, and by signing up to the Pledge, businesses are committing to a number of measures to ensure their premises are COVID secure, and the necessary precautions are in place to safeguard the health and wellbeing of their employees and visitors.
What’s in the Pledge?
By signing the pledge, businesses commit to:
- Social distancing – measures to maintain 2m social distancing (or 1 metre with mitigating measures if not possible) throughout the premises.
- Hygiene – commitment to provide hygiene facilities for staff and customers and regular cleaning of premises to reduce transmission of Coronavirus, including hand washing facilities and hand sanitising.
- Face coverings – all staff in public-facing roles will wear a face covering, unless they have a legal exemption.
- Ventilation – the provision of adequate ventilation, in line with PHE and HSE guidance.
- Regular testing – encourage our staff to undertake asymptomatic COVID Lateral Flow Tests a minimum of once a week
- Preventing and controlling outbreaks – support staff to self isolate as required and undertake appropriate contact tracing for all cases identified in the workplace, ensuring all close contacts isolate in line with national guidance
- Vaccinations – support employees to access vaccinations
- Risk assessments – We have carried out and regularly review our COVID risk assessment, communicating with staff and ensuring they follow its recommendations.
This is not a formal accreditation, but a voluntary scheme to demonstrate business intent to trade in a COVID secure way. The Council reserves the right to request that businesses remove the Pledge should any issues arise.
Sign your business up to the CSW COVID Business Pledge
Once complete, you receive a printable poster to display in your premises to promote to customers and staff and will form part of a mailing list for additional resources around keeping your business COVID secure.
Further Coronavirus support and advice for businesses.
How it works
- Read and Sign your business up to the CSW COVID Business Pledge
- Enter your details to access information and support
- Access the pledge poster and information leaflet
- Post it on your business premises for staff and customers to see
- Keep to the pledge promises
For more information or any queries, please contact the Business Investment Team at [email protected].