- Graham Hopkins
- see training calendar
- Course details
This course has been organised specifically to support practitioners who will be using our new less prescriptive forms. This course, using real assessments, will take you through the practical steps of writing an effective assessment.
You will learn to:
- Plan your assessments effectively and save time
- Understand analysis
- Summarise your findings effectively
- Get the best out of our new format for assessments
- Make your assessments easy to read and follow
- Make the best use of research and learning resources to back up your assessments; and crack the facts-analysis-judgement approach.
- Course length
- 2 x 2 hour sessions (AM & PM) online via Microsoft Teams
- Knowledge and Skills Framework
- The role of social workers working with adults (2) Person-centred practice (3) Effective Assessments and outcome-based support planning (6) Direct work with individuals and families (7)
- Professional Capability Framework
- Knowledge: Apply knowledge of social sciences, law and social work practice theory (5) Intervention and Skills: Use judgement and authority to intervene with individuals.
- Target group
All practitioners using new client documentation including Social workers, Occupational Therapists and Social Care Professionals.