The Curly Hair Project (CHP) is an award-winning social enterprise founded by autistic author and entrepreneur Alis Rowe.
Their resources are used by individuals, families and professionals all over the world.
Things that make their work different:
- It is based on real life, personal experiences
- They teach people how to really apply the theory we teach about autism
- They have a very ‘inclusive’ approach – supporting all people in developing communication and relationships
- They don’t expect the rest of the world to change to fit in with the autistic person – they want everyone to adapt and work together!
- They aim to help autistic people learn to understand themselves and their needs and ultimately be able to self-manage
- Their work is all about acceptance, understanding and empathy for different world experiences
- They can offer differentiated learning because Alis is on the autistic spectrum herself