This programme gives the pupils a combined activity to gain a basic understanding of map reading with a fun and interactive activity in the park. The pupils are shown how to read orienteering maps and are split into small groups to work together around the orienteering course.
• Have an understanding of appropriate geographical vocabulary relating to Maps
• Be able to negotiate the orienteering course using basic map reading skills
• Have a basic understanding of compasses and compass work.
• Be able to use a variety of materials
• Have an understanding of the importance of working together in a team
KS2 all year round.
Coombe Country Park
Brinklow Road, Binley,
Near Coventry, CV3 2AB.
Telephone: 024 7645 3720
Fax: 024 7663 5350