This programme offers the opportunity for children to look at different types of playgrounds. It focuses on the materials that are used to build them and looks closely at the way the structures are made to make them stable. Children will look at how different playgrounds are used for different purposes, age groups and capabilities, as well as being given the opportunity to compare and contrast the different play equipment found within their own school grounds and those within parks and specified play areas within local environments.
The Playground programme is designed to be either a half day or full day of activities depending on your schools needs.
• Have a good knowledge of different types of play equipment
• Relate to the way things work for there intended purpose
• Collect and sort information
• Be able to construct models of play equipment from materials provided
• To recognise shapes and their application in simple structures
• To draw on their own experience to generate ideas
• To be able to use appropriate vocabulary for naming and describing the equipment, materials and components they use.
• Be able to evaluate their model and make judgements on their work
• Have a general understanding of the different users of the play equipment
• Have an understanding of how to make their structures more stable to withstand greater loads
KS1 and KS2
Coombe Country Park
Brinklow Road, Binley,
Near Coventry, CV3 2AB.
Telephone: 024 7645 3720
Fax: 024 7663 5350