This is affecting us all at work and at home. We’re working hard to keep services running and will focus our efforts on the most critical elements. In doing so disruption to many services is likely.Read our latest update
The River Study
Through hands on activities, pupils are given the opportunity to learn and gain knowledge about river systems and features. They will investigate the river on site through a variety of activities, including measuring the depth and width, testing the flow rate and sampling the fresh water invertebrate life that can be found with the park.
• Have an understanding of appropriate geographical vocabulary relating to rivers and river systems.
• Be able to identify key river features
• Have an understanding of River processes e.g. erosion and deposition
• Have an understanding of human use / influences on river systems e.g. pollution
• Be able to annotate a simple map
• To use field work skills to measure flow rate depth and width
• To make links between life processes in familiar animals and plants and the environments in which they are found.
• To be able to use identification keys
KS2 all year.
Coombe Country Park
Brinklow Road, Binley,
Near Coventry, CV3 2AB.
Telephone: 024 7645 3720
Fax: 024 7663 5350