The River Study
Through hands on activities, pupils are given the opportunity to learn and gain knowledge about river systems and features. They will investigate the river on site through a variety of activities, including measuring the depth and width, testing the flow rate and sampling the fresh water invertebrate life that can be found with the park.
• Have an understanding of appropriate geographical vocabulary relating to rivers and river systems.
• Be able to identify key river features
• Have an understanding of River processes e.g. erosion and deposition
• Have an understanding of human use / influences on river systems e.g. pollution
• Be able to annotate a simple map
• To use field work skills to measure flow rate depth and width
• To make links between life processes in familiar animals and plants and the environments in which they are found.
• To be able to use identification keys
KS2 all year.
Coombe Country Park
Brinklow Road, Binley,
Near Coventry, CV3 2AB.
Telephone: 024 7645 3720
Fax: 024 7663 5350