Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

This is affecting us all at work and at home. We’re working hard to keep services running and focusing on the most critical. This means some services may be affected. For help, call 08085 834333.

Read our latest update

SEND Local Offer for Coventry - Mental health support for adults - Transferring to Adult Mental Health Services

The Adult Mental Health Service works in collaboration with Coventry Warwickshire Partnership Trust, MIND and other organisations to:

  • help people with mental health difficulties live in the community
  • help people avoid mental illness
  • help people who are experiencing mental ill health to recover

When a young person with Mental Health needs transitions into adulthood, they may want to know how to access Mental Health Services as an adult.

Here are a list of ways to make the transition to Adult Mental Health Services, based on their situation. 

The young person is currently involved with CAMHS or Rise 

If a young person is currently involved in Rise, their RISE worker will arrange for the young person to transition to Adult Mental Health, where this is appropriate. Any questions about this transfer should be directed to the RISE worker in the first instance. 

The young person is Looked After

When a Looked After young person is transitioning into adulthood, their social worker will coordinate the transition into Adult Mental Health, where this is appropriate. Any questions about this transition should be directed to the young person’s social worker in the first instance. 

The young person is not currently involved with a mental health professional or service, but feels they may need to access services from the Adult Mental Health team when they reach 18. 

The Adult Mental Health team is very interested in making sure that people transitioning to adulthood receive the right mental health support at the right time. If a young person or adult feels that they need mental health services they can: 

  • Call the 24/7 helpline: 0800 616 171. The Helpline team will listen to the young person’s situation and point them in the direction of the most appropriate help.
  • Talk to their GP. A young person’s GP can call the Central Booking line at : 0300 200 0011 Opt. 1. A member of the Central Booking team will recommend the most appropriate help that is available for the young person. The young person can call this number any time, they can call the number even if they are not currently receiving support from Mental Health Services.

Is there anything wrong with this page?