SEND Local Offer for Coventry - Local Organisation - Mencap: Coventry, West Midlands and beyond
Mencap work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all their services support people to live life as they choose.
Mencap's work includes:
- providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- providing advice through helplines and websites
- campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want.
Mencap has strong relations with a local network of more than 500 affiliated groups. Local groups are individual charities in their own right, but Mencap works closely with them to ensure people with a learning disability and their families have support locally as well as nationally.
There is a variety of local groups that are a part of Mencap and who work to support people with learning disabilities in Coventry and the local area.
- Coventry Mencap and Wayfarers is a social group for adults with learning disabilities.
- Midlands Mencap has more information about Mencap groups throughout Coventry and the West Midlands.
- Nuneaton Mencap
- Mid Warwickshire Mencap is also known as Way Ahead has been providing quality support for vulnerable people in the Warwickshire area for more than 50 years. You can visit their website for more information.