Together at Two Review – Coventry’s 2 Year Progress Check
All children aged 2 years who are in childcare should receive a progress check before their 3rd birthday.
- The check should be completed by staff at your child’s nursery, preschool or childminder.
- Ideally the check should be completed before your child has his/her two year check with the Health Visitor.
- The check is designed to identify things that they are doing well and things they might need help with.
- The completed 2 year progress check should be shared with you.
- You will take the completed check to your appointment with the Health Visitor. This provides them with a much better view of what your child can do.
- Early Years Council Officers and Health Visitors work together to create a check that shows your child's achievements. Although childcare providers must complete a 2 year progress check, in Coventry we co-operate with Health and have created a system that recognises that children perform better in familiar surroundings such as their nursery.