Investment sites - The Wave
Size: 5.49 acres (2.21ha)
Located at the tip of the Friargate development to the South on the Eastern edge of the proposed City Centre South redevelopment, just south of High Street.
- Creation of a £36.7million dynamic water park and leisure facility in the south side of the city centre
- Elevated Waterpark including 6 water slides, children’s splash pad, Wave Pool & Lazy River, a 25m x 4 lane pool, Day Spa, 120 station gym, squash courts, café and crèche
- Landmark building appropriate for the city centre
- £13.5 million investment into a new 50 metre swimming pool and enhancement of public leisure facilities at the Alan Higgs Centre
- 50 metre swimming pool, retractable boom, 2 x movable floors, 500 spectator seats, 100 station gym and new spinning studio.
- CAWAT have spent £1.5m on the re-provisioning of the 60 x 40 metre indoor football barn
- The new facilities are set to open in Autumn 2019.
Class Code: D2
Usage: Assembly and Leisure
Planning Authority: Coventry City Council
Coventry City Council
- Coventry City Council
- Coventry University
- Severn Trent Ltd
- Coventry city centre