Adult Social Care training and development - Motor Neurone Disease
- The cause, symptoms and treatment of MND
- The different classifications of the disease and their prognosis
- What an Advanced Directive is
- How the disease progresses and how the service user can be supported in the final stages
- The signs, symptoms and treatment of MND.
- Types of equipment that may be provided to facilitate communication and independence.
- Other professionals who may be involved with treatment and management of the symptoms and when to call them in.
This course is aimed at anyone who is likely to support or care for Service Users with Motor Neurone Disease.