Adult Social Care training and development - Equality and Diversity
- Explore the concepts of equality and diversity and their relevance to wider society.
- Recognise inequality and its impact.
- Identify challenges relating to equality and diversity faced by organisations.
- Know the benefits of a diverse workforce.
- Gain an overview of the Equality Act 2010 and the protection it provides.
- Explore the role of human rights in achieving equality.
- Learn to recognise and tackle discrimination.
- Explore ideas surrounding inclusion and their impact.
- Define what inclusion means in terms of equality and diversity.
- Know the advantages of an inclusive workplace.
- Recognise ways you can improve your own behaviour and practice to promote inclusion and challenge prejudice.
- Understanding inclusion
- Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Promoting inclusion
- Diversity and equal opportunity
- Impact of social exclusion
- Benefits of inclusion
- Who’s responsibility?
- Prejudice or discrimination?
- Dealing with prejudice
- Promoting anti-discrimination in the workplace
- Valuing diversity
- What does anti-discrimination mean in practice?
- How do you behave?
- Dealing with disabilities
- The Equality Act 2010
- The difference a view can make
- Dealing with race, religion and ethnicity
- Minority ethnic groups in organisations
- Promoting race equality
- The legislation on race equality
- Religious discrimination
- Types of racial and religious discrimination
- Sexuality and gender
- Sexual discrimination and sexual orientation discrimination
- How can you promote inclusion?
- The effects of homophobic bullying
- How to promote inclusion
1 hour 15 minutes
This course is a Mandatory requirement for all Coventry City Council employees. It must be included in an induction programme for new starters and must be refreshed every three years.