Adult Social Care training and development - GDPR – Core (Staff) Training
- Why the new data protection law is being introduced.
- The key differences between the current data protection regime and the new one.
- The primary aim of the new data protection legislation.
- Who the legislation applies to.
- What rights people have over the processing of their data.
- The grounds for the exercising of these rights.
- What information needs to be provided to a data subject.
- How to respond to subject access requests and other requests from individuals.
This course contains the following three modules:
- Introduction and background.
- Definitions and principles.
- Individual rights.
1 hour 30 minutes
This course is an expectation for all Coventry City Council employees who handle or process personal and/or sensitive data.