Adult Social Care training and development - Safeguarding awareness
- How to recognise the signs of adult and child abuse.
- What to do if you suspect someone is being abused.
- The different types of abuse.
- Your role in reporting and preventing adult and child abuse.
- How to minimise the risk of abuse.
- How to respond to disclosed abuse.
- What is abuse
- Types of abuse
- Recognising abuse
- Legislation relating to safeguarding adults
- When to report suspected abuse
- How to respond to disclosed abuse
- How to minimise the risk of abuse
- Treating adults with dignity and respect
1 hour 30 minutes
This course is the minimum mandatory requirement for all Coventry City Council employees intended for people who might meet or have occasional contact with children or vulnerable adults as part of their work and must be refreshed every three years.
This training does not meet the requirements of most Adult Social Care roles and is not a replacement for the Safeguarding classroom course. Adult Social Care staff that are up-to-date with a Safeguarding Foundation or Refresher classroom course do not need to complete this training.