Adult Social Care training and development - Recording and Communication: Refresher
Coventry City Council
Understanding the legal requirements and best practice around recording and communication. Recommended standards to be followed including local CCC procedures.
- What is record keeping and what are the legal requirements in a social care context.
- What is meant by confidentiality.
- Where information may need to be passed on.
- The Data Protection Act and how this relates to you and your work.
- How to document accurate, adequate and relevant notes that are factual and concise.
- Recording non-judgemental notes.
- How to establish communication needs, language needs, wishes and preferences.
- The importance of observing reactions.
- Use appropriate verbal and non - verbal communication
- Support the use of appropriate communication aids/ technologies
90 minutes via Microsoft Teams
Skills for care
This training is based on Coventry City Council's Recording Policy Meets The Care Certificate Standards 1, 6 and 14
Outcomes support knowledge for:
- Adult Care Worker Diploma Level 2
- Lead Adult Care Worker Diploma Level 3
All support staff within Adult Social Care