This is affecting us all at work and at home. We’re working hard to keep services running and focusing on the most critical. This means some services may be affected. For help, call 08085 834333.Read our latest update
Built in 1509 the houses were constructed as almshouses for men and women. The property was later enlarged and after 1800 became a home for women only. The houses were bombed in1940 when eight women died. The now re-built and modernised almshouses provide comfortable flat-lets for seven women. The almshouses have had a number of names including The Bede House, Pisford's Hospital and Greyfriars Hospital as well as Ford's Hospital.