Employment and Wellbeing Service privacy notice
This Privacy Notice explains how Coventry City Council's Employment and Wellbeing service will use your personal information and who it will be shared with.
If you use ESF Funded Programmes through the Job Shop for support this information will tell you about how your information is used.
What personal information we collect about you
We collect and hold the following information about you
- Name and contact details,
- Education and employment history,
- Financial information,
- Health and disability,
- Family circumstance,
- Emergency contact details,
- Ethnicity, race, gender,
- Housing information,
- Criminal convictions.
Why we collect information about you
We collect your personal information so that
- We can carry our official work as the Council,
- We can enter into a contract with you to do what we are required to as part of your contract with ESF funded programme.
We use this information to
- Give you the correct services you need
- Let you know what services you can apply for
- Help us develop and improve our services
- Send reports to Government departments
- identify employment and training opportunities
- send you information you need such as vacancies
- Do what our grant funders need us to do
Who we share your information with
We share information about you with:
- Employers – So that you can apply for vacancies or opportunities
- Partner organisations- If they are offering support that you may need
- Housing organisations - If you need help with housing
- Training providers – When you need to be referred
- External organisations- When we have identified support that you need from them
- Charitable organisations – So that they can support you with Charity Grant applications
- Other Council departments – Such as Housing benefit or council tax when our money advisors are giving you help on how to manage debts, housing benefit or Council tax arrears or when you are applying for benefits
How long we keep your information for
We will only keep your information for as long as we need to, so we can give you the service you need, unless we have to keep it for legal reasons. We will keep information about you for 6 years after the last contact for Management. For ESF Grant funded programmes we will keep it 10 years after the end of the programme.
You have the right to:
- Ask for information we hold about you (Also known as a Subject Access Request);
- Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Ask us to delete the information we hold about you
- Limit the way we use your information
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
To exercise any of these rights please contact: The Employment and Wellbeing Team on 024 7678 5740 or email Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Request your personal information from ESF or DWP.
You have the right to complain if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the Council about your data. If you want to make a complaint you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision.
If you are still not satisfied you can contact the Information Commissioners Office at:
The Information Commissioners Office
Date of last review: May 2018