The Police museum was founded in 1957 by the then chief constable Edward Pendleton.
Coventry police force was formed in March 1836 and was abolished in October 1969 when it amalgamated to become part of the Warwickshire and Coventry force.
All areas of the museum will be open to look around. The museum is split into different areas each dealing with different aspects of policing.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE AREA OF THE MUSEUM IS OVER 15s ONLY
All exhibits and historical facts have a Coventry link. Included in the museum are Mary Ball's death mask who was the last woman to be hung in Coventry 1849.
Those wishing to visit should meet in the front car park (Little park Street). Meeting point will have signs in place by the canopy entrance.
Only 10 people at a time will be allowed in.
Saturday 14 September: 1100-1430
Sunday 15 September: 1100-1430
Saturday 21 September: 1100 - 1430
Sunday 22 September: 1100-1430
No booking required
The museum is reached via a staircase leading to the basement of the police station, however there is a lift from ground floor to the basement.
Max 10 people per tour/session.