Caludon Castle is one of only 20 scheduled ancient monuments in Coventry and its the only one to be found in a public park.
It started life as a Manor House which was owned by aristocratic families such as Segrave, Mowbray and Berkeley who, combined, owned it over 400 years between the 13th and 17th Centuries. The remaining wall is over 800 years old.
Bands In the Park event will run alongside the ruins - 2 pm - 3.30 pm with The City of Coventry Brass performing.
A history display of the site and castle will be on view.
Sunday 15 September: 1200-1600, City of Coventry Brass - 1400-1530
No booking required
Once the car park is full parking will be permitted on the adjacent grass field.
Buses from City Centre include 9 and 9a and these drop you off on the Ansty Road By car - Follow the A4600 Ansty Road from Coventry City Centre and pick up the brown directional signs to the park. Proceed down Caludon Park Avenue and the park entrance is opposite off Farren Road.