The present building was built at the expense of Lord Craven who owned Coombe Abbey nearby and was dedicated in 1773.
The original site though dates back to the Middle Ages where there is evidence that a chapel was established here.
The art of glass painting and firing was lost for many years but was revived with much interest in 1752. A fine example of this can be seen in the east window of the church which was the work of a local craftsman William Peckitt of York. Other examples of his work can be seen in York Minister and Lincoln and Exeter Cathedral. Worth a look is also the unusual coloured ceiling in Wedgwood style.
Come along and view this beautiful church and graveyard including 5 war graves. Inside there will be a Flower Display along with photographs and information on the church's history.
Saturday 14 September: 1100 - 1600
No booking required
Small steps to entrance but a ramp is available for wheelchairs.
Extra parking can be found in the public house car park opposite.
Follow the A428 from the City Centre along Binley Road. The Church is located on the the left hand corner where the road turns onto B4082 Brinklow Road.