Your SEND questions answered

Coventry SEND Local Offer

Some questions about SEND are very common.

We have included these frequently asked questions on the SEND Local Offer because parents, carers, children and young people think they are very important.

Each question will have a short answer and will show links to other places on the website where you can find a more complete answer.

Read the questions below for more details.

Don't see a question here that you would like to have the answer to? Please submit your request to add your question here 

Find out about:

View full details of How can my child get an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP)?


Many parents and carers have questions about if their child or young person can have an Education Health and Care Plan.

They may also wonder what kind of support comes with an EHCP.

close result
View full details of How can my child or young person's school help?


A child or young person's school is the first place to go if you feel that your child or young person needs help with a special education need or disability.

Click on the  About Education section to find out more about what is available and how your child or young person's school can help if they are having trouble at school.  

Please visit the Support available in primary and secondary education for more information about what an education setting must provide. 

Please visit the SENCOs - Special Education Needs Coordinators site to know more about the SENCOs and how they can help.  




close result
View full details of How do I choose the right school for my child or young person?


Choosing what school a child or young person will go to is an important decision. 

The Coventry Special Education Needs and Disabilities Independent Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) has made a guide about how the process works with some top tips about how to be prepared. 

Please see the SENDIASS Choosing a School webpage for more information. 



close result
View full details of I think my child has special needs, what should I do?


If you think that your child or young person may have a special education need or disability (SEND) and you would like to get more information, there are a number of things you can do. 

1. For general information and advice about SEND, you can speak with SENDIASS, Coventry's independent SEND advice and support service. 

2. If your child is aged 0-5, you can speak with a health visitor, or you can describe your concerns at your child's Together at Two Review.

3. If your child or young person is 5-25 and in education, you can speak with their teacher or the Special Education Needs Coordinator (SENCO) at their education setting. 

4. If you are interested in knowing more about the resources available to children and young people who have SEND the Dimensions Tool provides an interactive way to understand a person's health and well-being and find local support. 

close result

Didn't find what you were looking for? Search again, or add a group, activity or organisation to our listings.

Coventry SEND

Is there anything wrong with this page?