Delivering our priorities with fewer resources
Making the most of our assets
We will use our increasingly limited resources effectively to...
Making savings so that we can support frontline services by:
- rationalising our property portfolio;
- reducing operating costs and reducing carbon emissions;
- maximising our income through collecting Business Rates, Council Tax and reviewing fees and charges;
- levering additional funding through grants and bids;
- using income generated through our commercial property portfolio; and
- reducing staffing costs.
Support the regeneration of Coventry’s economy by:
- utilising the Coventry Investment Fund;
- adding social value; and
- encouraging local contracts.
Change how we work to become more flexible and adaptable, by:
- putting local people and their needs at the heart of the customer journey;
- developing our workforce and new ways of working through culture change;
- sharing services; and
- working with our neighbours and the sub-region.
Active communities and empowered citizens
We will have new conversations with residents, communities and partners, enabling people to do more for themselves by...
empowering citizens and encouraging active communities to:
- uncover and use their own assets to achieve their ambitions;
- share and improve local services; and
- design and implement solutions that meet local priorities.
working together with neighbours and partners across the voluntary, public and private sectors to:
- enable residents to self-serve by maximising the use of new technology;
- pool and share resources;
- solve local problems; and
- encourage the development of social enterprises, mutuals, and other operating models.