Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

This is affecting us all at work and at home. We’re working hard to keep services running and focusing on the most critical. This means some services may be affected. For help, call 08085 834333.

Read our latest update

Building control

Council House

COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Find out about changes to:

Building regulations

Where a Local Authority building control service is being used, the Building Regulations require that notice is given at certain stages.

Buildings, structures and safety

We have a responsibility to deal with dangerous buildings/structures as they occur.

Application forms and fees

View and download application forms and building control fees for your development and demolition.

Gas Safe register

Gas Safe Register is the hallmark for gas safety in Great Britain and Isle of Man.

Street naming and numbering

For new streets, we will consider suggested names or suggest some if none are put forward.


When you demolish a property, please keep dust, noise and smoke to a minimum.

Is there anything wrong with this page?