Self-build and custom build
Pages in Self-build and custom build
- Self-build and custom build in Coventry
- Register of interest
Register of interest
We are undertaking an assessment of the level of demand for self-build and custom build housing development in the city.
Self and custom build have been defined as:
- Self-build - projects where individuals or groups directly organise the design and construction of their new home(s)
- Custom build – project where individuals or groups work with a specialist developer to help deliver their new home(s)
If you are interested in the idea of building your own home, we are asking you to take part in this process, which will help us to develop housing and planning policies to support the kind of self and custom build projects that would be most appropriate for the city.
We intend to create a register of those people interested in self or custom build homes in accordance with the requirements of the Self-Build and Custom Housebuilding Act 2015.
The simplest way of registering your interest in self- and custom build is to complete the form below.
Advice before completing the form.
- At this stage, you are not making any commitment – the Council is just trying to find out how much local demand there is for self-build housing.
- In preparing this register, the Council is making no commitment to provide self-build or custom-build plots.
- In submitting this form, you are agreeing that the Council can use the data you provide to understand the demand for custom-build and self-build housing.
- Personal details included on the register will not be made public, but anonymised headline data extracted from it may be published (i.e. overall numbers of registered entries for various categories, geographical areas of interest, types of housing sought, etc.).
- If you do not want your personal contact details held on the Register, please indicate this on the form below. The Council will not continue to contact you about self and custom build issues – in this case, should you remain interested in self and custom build in Coventry, please visit the Council’s website periodically to check for further developments or information.
- Your remaining information as submitted will be used by the Council for strategic planning, information and statistical purposes only.
Please note that no personal details are made public with regard to the published register.