Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

This is affecting us all at work and at home. We’re working hard to keep services running and focusing on the most critical. This means some services may be affected. For help, call 08085 834333.

Read our latest update

Planning and consultation advice

After the decision is made

Holy Trinity church

When an application has been decided, a copy of the decision notice is available to see on our Planning application website along with any documents.

If you need help in finding or understanding the Notice then contact the Planning Advisory Desk.

Once a decision is made only the person making the application has the right to appeal either against a refusal or any condition imposed on a permission. Neighbours and other interested people have no right of appeal.

Appeal process

Appeals against refusal or conditions in relation to non-householder applications. If an appeal is made then an inspector chosen by the Planning Inspectorate will consider the matter. If you commented on the original planning application then you will be told of the appeal and be invited to give your views to the Planning Inspectorate.

In the event of an appeal we will send unredacted neighbour comments to the Planning Inspectorate and the applicant/agent when the applicant makes an appeal against a decision.

If you change your mind at any time, you can let us know by emailing: [email protected]. The council has one month to comply with your request to withdraw consent for your neighbour comments to be shared. However, in respect of Planning Appeals, please note that once your neighbour comment is sent to the Inspectorate and to the Parties to the Appeal the Council will not be able to comply with your request to withdraw the comments so you must notify us before the appeal process commences. Although the Council aim to control the data it processes, once the neighbour comment has been sent to the Parties to the Appeal, they will have viewed the information and there is no way of reversing this.

If planning permission is refused for householder  or minor commercial development, any representations made about this application will be sent to the Secretary of State, and there will be no further opportunity to comment at the appeal stage. You will be told of this at the time the appeal is made and you will be able to withdraw comments if you wish.

For detailed information on planning appeals please visit the  planning portal appeal pages.

Start of works

Once the development has started or is complete, if you believe it is not in line with the approved plans or conditions then please complete the online enquiry form. Your request for us to investigate will be kept confidential and we will get back to tell you what action we will take.


Email: [email protected]

Tel: 024 7683 1109

Coventry City Council
PO Box 15
Council House

Building control

Email: [email protected]

Tel: 024 7683 2057

One Friargate

Is there anything wrong with this page?