Station to Bull Yard
The Station to Bull Yard is a key link to the city centre and for many it is the first impression they get. The old route was unwelcoming and difficult to use and involved using two subways. By improving the pathways, upgrading the lighting, removing unnecessary clutter and filling in the two subways to create surface crossings local people and visitors are able to enjoy an attractive and improved route into the city centre.
Work has made the route safer and more attractive and created a greener more landscaped area.
New features include:
- The new bus hub on New Union St is installed and fully operational.
- New zebra crossing installed at the Bull Yard.
- New paving, widening the footway on Warwick Road up to the Bull Yard.
- Landscaping, including new grassed areas and shrubbery extending Greyfriars Green up to the Bull Yard.
- Installation of toucan crossing for pedestrians and cyclists and new signalised approaches on junction 6 has been completed which is once again fully functional.
- The conversion of the Manor Rd slip road into a signalised junction to increase safety at the new crossing.
- The subway and the both approach ramps have been filled.
- Ring road resurfacing has been completed.