Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

This is affecting us all at work and at home. We’re working hard to keep services running and focusing on the most critical. This means some services may be affected. For help, call 08085 834333.

Read our latest update

Access protection marking

Pages in Access protection marking

  1. Access protection marking
  2. Can I have an access protection marking?
  1. Charges
  2. Apply for an access protection marking

An access protection is a marking that can be used to highlight a dropped kerb (vehicle access). The marking is often referred to as an 'H' marking. It helps to show drivers that they should not park over the dropped kerb.

If a vehicle parks on the marking without the consent of the occupier, and is causing an obstruction, the Police or our Civil Enforcement Officers can take action. Please note that an access protection marking is an advisory marking. If a properly installed dropped kerb is obstructed, the same enforcement action can be taken even without an access protection marking.

We are responsible for deciding if an applicant is eligible to have an access protection marking installed. These markings can only be installed by Coventry City Council.

Is there anything wrong with this page?