Strong on skills and knowledge
Coventry and Warwickshire boasts an extremely skilled population with 55% of the working population educated to NVQ level 3 or above. Coventry is also ranked as the 39th best student city in the world, and 5th in the UK - QS Best Student Cities index, February 2017.
On-going skills provision is ensured by the quality schools, colleges and universities in the area:
Coventry University has established an academic presence with expertise in design, health and digital media as well as automotive engineering and design graduates, and focus on multidisciplinary applied research. Coventry is rated 12th University in the United Kingdom in The Guardian University Guide 2018.
The University of Warwick is one of the UK’s leading research universities, offering the highest academic and research standards and making an impact across the globe. We are a top ten UK university and 57th in the world (QS World University Rankings 2018).
Read more on our two leading universities.
- WMG Academy for Young Engineers will continue to create a stream of capable and sustainably qualified young people.
- Skills4Growth Employee Skills Development supports eligible companies to help improve skills amongst their workforce. Up to 50% of agreed training costs could be funded.
- MIRA Technology Institute will deliver the specialist skills required to operate at the cutting edge of automotive technology.
- MTC Apprenticeships dedicated to developing the skills required from the next generation of manufacturing engineers and technicians
- Coventry City Council apprenticeships develop, grow and achieve
- Power Academy a unique partnership between industry and academia, established to address the looming skills shortage in power engineering through a combination of financial support and workplace mentoring for students.
- Employer Hub often provide tailored skills development for sector training