Essential maintenance work - Saturday 15 June
We will be working on our online systems on Saturday 15 June so you may experience some disruption.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Services by A-Z - Find the services you need
Why invest in Coventry?
Facts and statistics
- Coventry is one of the top cities in the country for jobs growth, patents granted and business growth over the past decade.
- 54,000 students at our two internationally renowned universities
- Coventry is in the world's top 50 student friendly cities and Top 5 in the UK.
- Coventry University is rated 12th University in the United Kingdom in The Guardian University Guide 2018
- The University of Warwick is 3rd most targeted university nationally by the UK’s top 100 graduate employers - The Graduate Market in 2018, High Fliers Research Ltd.
- The University of Warwick is rated 9th - The Times and The Sunday Times 2018
- Top 10 - Warwick graduates in top 10 for highest earnings in over a dozen subjects in the 2018 Longitudinal Education Outcomes (LEO) dataset
- 3rd most targeted university nationally by the UK’s top 100 graduate employers - The Graduate Market in 2018, High Fliers Research Ltd.
- 4th in the Times Higher Education (THE) Europe Teaching Rankings - 2018
- Over 15 universities are within a one hour drive, producing 100,000 graduates per year.
- 75% of England is within a 2 hour drive time of Coventry.
- 10% of all UK Automotive jobs are in Coventry and Warwickshire.
- On average each firm in Coventry and Warwickshire spent £15,000 on research and development, that’s more than twice the UK figure of £6,800.
- 71,000 people commute to Coventry for work every day. 32,000 commute from Coventry.
- Six million people live within a 1 hour drive of Coventry.
- Coventry population (2018): 360,100
- Coventry workforce (2017): 198,000
- Active Coventry businesses (2017): 10,065
- Coventry total GVA (2017): £7.7bn
- Coventry GVA per head (2017): £22,165
For the most up to date information see the latest headline statistics report or visit Facts about Coventry.