Facts and statistics
- Coventry is one of the top cities in the country for jobs growth, patents granted and business growth over the past decade.
- Coventry is the 4th best connected city in the UK - UK Most Connected Cities report from June 2019
- Coventry is the leading vehicle design, development and powertrain centre in the UK
- Over 60,000 students at our two internationally renowned universities
- Over 15 universities are within a one hour drive, producing in excess of 100,000 graduates per year.
- Coventry is in the world's top 50 student friendly cities and Top 5 in the UK.
- Coventry University is rated 15th University in the United Kingdom in The Guardian University Guide 2020
- The University of Warwick is 3rd most targeted university nationally by the UK’s top 100 graduate employers - The Graduate Market in 2018, High Fliers Research Ltd.
- The University of Warwick is rated 10th - The Times Higher Education 2020
- 75% of England is within a 2 hour drive time of Coventry.
- 10% of all UK Automotive jobs are in Coventry and Warwickshire.
- On average each firm in Coventry and Warwickshire spent £15,000 on research and development, that’s more than twice the UK figure of £6,800.
- Coventry population (2019): 371,500
- Coventry workforce (2019-20): 192,200
- Active Coventry businesses (2019): 10,065
- Coventry total GVA (2018): £9.5bn
- Coventry GVA per head (2018): £25,972
For the most up to date information see the latest headline statistics report or visit Facts about Coventry.