Facts and statistics
- Coventry is one of the top cities in the country for jobs growth, patents granted and business growth over the past decade.
- 54,000 students at our two internationally renowned universities
- Coventry is in the world's top 50 student friendly cities and Top 5 in the UK.
- Coventry University is rated 12th University in the United Kingdom in The Guardian University Guide 2018
- The University of Warwick is 3rd most targeted university nationally by the UK’s top 100 graduate employers - The Graduate Market in 2018, High Fliers Research Ltd.
- The University of Warwick is rated 9th - The Times and The Sunday Times 2018
- Top 10 - Warwick graduates in top 10 for highest earnings in over a dozen subjects in the 2018 Longitudinal Education Outcomes (LEO) dataset
- 3rd most targeted university nationally by the UK’s top 100 graduate employers - The Graduate Market in 2018, High Fliers Research Ltd.
- 4th in the Times Higher Education (THE) Europe Teaching Rankings - 2018
- Over 15 universities are within a one hour drive, producing 100,000 graduates per year.
- 75% of England is within a 2 hour drive time of Coventry.
- 10% of all UK Automotive jobs are in Coventry and Warwickshire.
- On average each firm in Coventry and Warwickshire spent £15,000 on research and development, that’s more than twice the UK figure of £6,800.
- 71,000 people commute to Coventry for work every day. 32,000 commute from Coventry.
- Six million people live within a 1 hour drive of Coventry.
- Coventry population (2018): 360,100
- Coventry workforce (2017): 198,000
- Active Coventry businesses (2017): 10,065
- Coventry total GVA (2017): £7.7bn
- Coventry GVA per head (2017): £22,165
For the most up to date information see the latest headline statistics report or visit Facts about Coventry.