This is affecting us all at work and at home. We’re working hard to keep services running and focusing on the most critical. This means some services may be affected. For help, call 08085 834333.
Read our latest update
Services by A-Z - Find the services you need
Why invest in Coventry?
Facts and statistics
- Coventry is one of the top cities in the country for jobs growth, patents granted and business growth over the past decade.
- Coventry is the 4th best connected city in the UK - UK Most Connected Cities report from June 2019
- 54,000 students at our two internationally renowned universities
- Coventry is in the world's top 50 student friendly cities and Top 5 in the UK.
- Coventry University is rated 15th University in the United Kingdom in The Guardian University Guide 2020
- The University of Warwick is 3rd most targeted university nationally by the UK’s top 100 graduate employers - The Graduate Market in 2018, High Fliers Research Ltd.
- The University of Warwick is rated 10th - The Times Higher Education 2020
- Top 10 - Warwick graduates in top 10 for highest earnings in over a dozen subjects in the 2018 Longitudinal Education Outcomes (LEO) dataset
- 3rd most targeted university nationally by the UK’s top 100 graduate employers - The Graduate Market in 2018, High Fliers Research Ltd.
- 4th in the Times Higher Education (THE) Europe Teaching Rankings - 2018
- Over 15 universities are within a one hour drive, producing 100,000 graduates per year.
- 75% of England is within a 2 hour drive time of Coventry.
- 10% of all UK Automotive jobs are in Coventry and Warwickshire.
- On average each firm in Coventry and Warwickshire spent £15,000 on research and development, that’s more than twice the UK figure of £6,800.
- 71,000 people commute to Coventry for work every day. 32,000 commute from Coventry.
- Six million people live within a 1 hour drive of Coventry.
- Coventry population (2018): 366,800
- Coventry workforce (2017): 198,000
- Active Coventry businesses (2017): 10,065
- Coventry total GVA (2017): £7.7bn
- Coventry GVA per head (2017): £22,165
For the most up to date information see the latest headline statistics report or visit Facts about Coventry.