This is affecting us all at work and at home. We’re working hard to keep services running and will focus our efforts on the most critical elements. In doing so disruption to many services is likely.
Read our latest update
Services by A-Z - Find the services you need
Coombe Abbey Park
Tips for a top day at Coombe
What to pack?
- Change for the car park (see car parking charges). Or why not invest in an annual car parking pass?
- Bringing cash with you is advisable as there is no cash machine on site - many of the activities and refreshment stands on site do not accept card payment.
- Picnics or BBQs are a great way to enjoy the outdoors with family and friends. See Food and Drink for more details. Please note that disposable BBQ's are not permitted at Coombe Abbey Park.
- Bottles of water and sunscreen are advisable when the sun is shining.
- Waterproofs for damp weather, wrap up warm and cosy during colder weather.
- Dog waste bags. Available in the shop at the Visitor Centre if you forget to bring some with you.
- Camera - with batteries. There are so many scenes you will want to capture at the park, from the awesome views to the atmospheric woodland and wildlife shots.
- Binoculars - if you have them. So much wildlife to be seen.
- Bring an empty ice cream tub or other plastic container so you can use the pond dipping platforms. Bring your own net or buy one from the Visitor Centre.
When you get here
- Hold on to your ticket that you will receive on entry to the car park and retain this ticket for payment at the end of your visit.
- Say ‘hello’ to the friendly staff in the Visitor Centre, they will be more than happy to recommend what to do and what to see in the park. Visitor Guides available here too.
- The causeway, where you first meet the ducks and swans, is great, however walk a bit further and there is so much more of the park to discover.
- Wildlife spotting? You need to stop acting human! You need to act and think like an animal. Be aware of your surroundings as the environment changes. You will be surprised by the effect this will have on your wildlife sightings.
- Fancy something a bit more challenging than a country walk? Ask about our orienteering course in the shop or perhaps visit Go Ape whilst you are here www.goape.co.uk/coombe
- Want to walk further? Don't forget we are connected to Warwickshire's Centenary Way which links into the Sowe Valley Footpath via a route behind University Hospital and also Binley Woods and Brandon.
- Take a look at our What to do page for more ideas.
Before you leave
- Let us know what interesting things you have seen today in the Visitor Centre - we're always delighted to hear from you.
- Clear away all your rubbish - it just looks nicer and the animals like it that way too.
- Put out any BBQs completely before leaving the site.
- Use one of the pay stations to pay for your parking before exiting the car park.
- Send us your photographs, tag us on Twitter and Facebook. We will use your photographs on our social media accounts with your permission.
After your visit