Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


Adult mental health services

I still think I need to talk to someone about the support that might be available, who I can contact?

In general it is a good idea to speak to your GP in the first instance about your mental health. Your family doctor may be able to treat you, or can refer you to specialist mental health services if your mental health needs are more severe or complex.

The main provider of specialist mental health services locally is Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust. If you are referred to them you will initially speak to a ‘triage’ mental health worker, who will ask you about your current difficulties, needs and wishes. Advice and information might be all you need. If necessary, however, you will be offered an appointment for a full assessment with a mental health professional. This could be a nurse, a doctor, and occupational therapist or a social worker.

Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust has a number of different mental health teams, known as Integrated Practice Units (IPUs). The team you are referred to following triage will depend on the type of mental health needs you have.

Further details about Coventry and Warwickshire Mental Health Partnership Trust, and about their range of services and teams.

Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust – Central Bookings Service (Mental Health Services)

Tel: 0300 200 0011 Opt. 1

Open 24 hours
7 days a week
Paybody Building
Byron Street

Adult Social Care Direct


Tel: 024 7683 3003

Council House
PO Box 15
Earl Street

Is there anything wrong with this page?