Job Shop vacancies
1 September - The Job Shop is now open to customers with pre-booked appointments. With stringent measures in place to ensure social distancing is adhered to The Job Shop offers a safe and welcoming environment for those requiring support to find their next positive destination, whether that be employment, education or training.
Some training events are still going to be organised via digital means (i.e Zoom/MS Teams). To find out more and register your interest in the below get in touch. Also have a look at our live vacancies in sectors that remain open, such as Warehousing, Facilities (Cleaning), Supermarkets, Pharmacies, Security and Care Providers.
Read the Coventry Employment and Skills Plan: our response to COVID-19.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 024 7678 5740 or 024 7678 5751
Our September Virtual Jobs and Skills Fair will be going live tomorrow at 2pm.
As a result of COVID-19 we are currently not able to hold jobs fairs and recruitment events at the Coventry Job Shop. Following the success of our previous Virtual Jobs Fairs we have worked again to engage a wide range of training providers, employers and employment support services.
The Virtual Skills and Jobs Fair videos will be by:
- Carers Trust Heart of England
- Platinum Care for You
- The Royal Air Force
- JBC Training
- Coventry Job Shop
- Coventry Adult Education
- Coventry College
- Pet Xi
- System Group
- Coventry City Council Recruitment
- West Midlands Police.
- National Express
- Chamber of Commerce
- Smart Learner
- The National Careers Service
- WATCH Charity and lots more.....
Monthly Q&A Sessions
Employers and Training providers that will featuring are:
- JBC Training – Thursday 3 September - 10am-10.30am (Offering apprenticeships and courses for IT and computer skills)
- Adult Education – Thursday 3 September - 10.30am-11am (Training provider for adults – offering a variety of courses from Childcare to CV advice etc.)
- West Midlands Police – Thursday 3 September - 2:30 - 3pm (Perfect way to get into a new career with West Midlands Police including apprenticeships)
- Pet-Xi – Friday 4 September – 11am-11.30am (A great Training Provider with many courses including Customer service skills and lots more)
- National Express – Friday 4 September – 10am-10:30am (This employer is recruiting for trainee and trained bus drivers to join their team and no experience required, just a driving license!)
- Platinum Care For You – Friday 4 September – 11:30am-12noon (Domiciliary vacancies available and customers can ask advice on how to get into the Care sector)
- The Job Shop – Friday 4 September – 10am - 10:30am ( Have a customer that wants to register at The Job Shop or just have a quick query? There will be 2 Job coaches available for you)
Have a customer interested in joining one of the sessions via Microsoft Teams? Please call the Job Shop to book on.
Upcoming Job Shop recruitment events
Coventry Adult Education Service
- Online Courses: Adult Education now offers online learning for Job Shop customers. Courses are usually Free of Charge and lead to qualifications in: Health and Social Care, Customer Services, Cleaning, Working in a School or Nursery, IT and Team Leader. We also offer short courses for personal development in: Preparing your CV, Interview Skills, Stress Management and Team Working. Our tutors hold weekly information sessions to discuss course content and your requirements. So whether you want to learn new skills, or gain accreditation for the ones you already have we can help. For more information contact Betty Bullock on 07809 103 604 or [email protected] – Various start dates
- Jobskilla – Online courses: A wide range of courses being provided including Construction & Customer Service, Learners must be over the age of 19, currently unemployed & receiving benefits. Various start dates
- Work in a Childcare or School Setting Awareness Session: A great opportunity to gain a qualification with these online courses, new to working in childcare or schools? Looking at starting a career in Childcare? 15 September
- Event Planning Information session: 1 hour virtual awareness session to find out about the Level 2 Events Planning Course. 8-10 week course with work flexibility. 7 September
National Careers Service
- Redundancy Support: NCS qualified careers advisers can provide support on a variety of skills needed to get back to work such as CV development, Interview Techniques and understanding the local jobs market. Various start dates
- Furloughed Employees: All support will be provided by a qualified careers adviser, providing tailored support based on your individual needs
- and supporting you to identify and develop skills relevant to their future plans. Various start dates
- Interview Technique Virtual Workshop: Worried about being in an Interview? Haven’t had one in a while? Don’t worry, this is the workshop for you via Microsoft Teams. 8 September
- Effective Job Search Virtual Workshop: Look at effective ways to job search and how the job market is changing, use IT to their maximum profile and learn how to look for jobs via social media. 10 September
- Over 50’s Effective Job Search Virtual Workshop: Over the age of 50 and haven’t had an interview in a while or not sure where to start with job searching? Join the teams workshop to find out more. 15 September
- Confidence and Motivation Virtual Workshop: Lost some confidence in job searching through lockdown? Need a pick me up and some inspiration in getting back to work? Join this teams workshop to find out more. 17 September
- Prospects are offering an over the phone service to NEET’s – 07702862018. Email: [email protected] for more information. Various start dates
Coventry City Council events
- Recruitment Awareness Session – Considering a career within Coventry City Council? Unsure how to apply or what positions are available? Join the teams session to find out more. 9 September
Workshops and training
All of the courses are delivered online using a mix of online learning with virtual classroom/tutor time (using Zoom, MS Teams etc)
- The Prince’s Trust Drop in Sessions: The Prince’s Trust will be providing an over the phone service to those interested in gaining more information about the Princes Trust courses. Ring - 0800 842842 for Customer Service as a temporary measure due to COVID 19 Virus. Various start dates
- Adult Skills for Work – Serco - Online Training Courses: Wide range of courses are available free of charge including, English and Maths, Business Administration, Construction, IT and Retail. Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK, be 19 years of age or above and living in the West Midlands. Please contact [email protected] for further information. Various start dates
- Virtual LGV Training: Systems group are offering virtual LGV training. Contact: [email protected] or [email protected] for more information. Various start dates
- Pet Xi Online Training Courses: Pet Xi are delivering online Customer Service, Health and Social Care, IT and Team Leader courses. Candidates must be 16+ years of age, must not have done the same course before at the same or a higher level and Open to unemployed, employed and furloughed. Courses are found under events on Evolutive. Various start date
- Looking at working in the Care Sector? DHSC have developed a new platform specifically for Care Workers to search for training via Skills for Care and other opportunities - https://www.joinsocialcare.co.uk/
- The Job Shop has a history of delivering a wide range of exciting recruitment events and several will take place soon after the Job Shop re-opens.
Remember to also follow us on social media to be kept up to date with the latest vacancies: