Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


Worried that someone you know is being harmed or neglected?

Pages in Worried that someone you know is being harmed or neglected?

  1. Safeguarding children
  2. Safeguarding adults
  3. Telling us about harm or mistreatment if you are a provider or professional
  1. People in Positions of Trust (PoT)
  2. Support for victims and carers

Support for victims and carers

If you are a user or family carer and you are not confident to speak about your abuse, neglect or concern without support, you may wish to seek the help of an advocate.

This can be a person of your choice, or help can be sought from one of the organisations below:

Care Act Advocacy (CAA) Service

Who does this service cover?

  • All adults ages 18+ with an appearance of need for Care and Support
  • Who would have substantial difficulty in being involved in their assessment; preparation of care & support plan and / or review
  • Who are subject to a Safeguarding enquiry or Review (SAR)
  • and where there is no other appropriate individual to support them

Who is providing the service?

Age UK Coventry and Grapevine Coventry and Warwickshire are working together with a single point of access for all referrals.

How do I make a referral?

Via the CAA referral form (only available from your social worker). If you need a social worker please contact Adult Social Care on 024 7683 3003.


  • You will get a same day acknowledgement of receipt of referral
  • An Advocate will normally be allocated within 2 working days
  • You must provide at least 5 working days’ notice of planned meetings to ensure an Advocate is available and able to engage with the service user prior to the meeting

Independent Advocacy (Advocacy for People with Mental Health problems)

Avenue M,
Stoneleigh Park,
Tel: 024 76 697443       
Fax: 024 76 696851

Coventry Carers' Centre (family carers)

3 City Arcade,
Tel: 024 7663 3788

For general advocacy support or if you are a member of public you can seek support at:

The Coventry Law Centre

My Safeguarding Experience

Information about how you will be involved in the safeguarding process.

Is there anything wrong with this page?