A broad definition of "social care" means help and support - both personally and practically - which can enable people to lead as independent a life as possible. Social care covers a wide range of services, which can be provided by universal services - available to all - or by specialist services identified through formal processes, such as a CAF (common assessment framework) or Child in Need assessment.
In these pages we've tried to accumulate as much information as possible, both locally and nationally, to help find the right information, advice and support for children, young people and their families. This also includes national charities and voluntary organisations that support families with things like equipment, resources and respite care.
The Coventry Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Local Offer brings together information for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities and their families. The SEND Local Offer will cover services available to the public across education, health and social care:
You can find details of social care services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs contained within the Local offer here.
You can also find further information, advice and support through:.
For young people over the age of 18, statutory duties are laid out in the Care Act 2014. The Act seeks to:
- makes provision to reform the law relating to care and support for adults and the law relating to support for carers;
- to make provision about safeguarding adults from abuse or neglect;
- to make provision about care standards;
- to establish and make provision about Health Education England;
- to establish and make provision about the Health Research Authority;
- to make provision about integrating care and support with health services and for connected purposes.
A guide for strategic leaders in children's and adults services, front line managers, social workers and staff working in social care assessment teams.
Although this guide is aimed primarily at people working to support families, it is a useful reading tool for anybody.