Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


Gypsies and Travellers

Reporting unauthorised encampments

We can only deal with unauthorised encampments on land we own – such as parks, public car parks and roads.

Report an unauthorised encampment

You can report an unauthorised encampment by:

If a crime is being committed or someone’s life is in danger, call the police on 999.

We have an agreement with West Midlands Police setting out how we deal with unauthorised encampments on public land and we work closely with officers and other organisations to make sure all decisions and actions are consistent, fair and within the law.

As set out in the Human Rights Act and the Equality Act 2010, we recognise the right of Gypsies and Travellers to live a nomadic way of life.

Customer Services

Open 9am–5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)


Tel: 08085 834333


If you do need to call us,
please try to avoid our busiest times
of lunchtime and early afternoon.

Is there anything wrong with this page?