Occupation of the road licence

Application process

Please be aware that although we can accept your application online it would be helpful to ring the Traffic Management Team and talk through what is required because the situation can be quite complex. A site visit will be required to assess whether it is safe to have an object occupying the highway in a particular location.

How long will it take to process my application?

Road occupation licences and applications to place temporary traffic signals will be processed in five working days.

For requests to close a road four weeks notice is required.

Does tacit consent apply?

No. It is in the public interest that we must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please contact us again.

Submission of a form and payment does NOT mean permission has been granted and occupation of the highway MUST NOT occur without a licence being granted first.

Is there anything wrong with this page?