Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


House to house collection licence

Supplementary information

The Council issue permits to local charities and individuals collecting for a good cause. Permits can be city wide and for up to a year although applicants are encouraged to be specific about their collection areas and dates so that they and other organisations can be advised of clashes.

The Home Office issue permits to large organisations (usually registered charities) who have a proven track record of collecting in a large number of local authority areas for a number of years. The Home Office issues a Certificate of Exemption to the organisation, which enables it to collect in any local authority area.  Organisations who hold a certificate are encouraged to inform the Council when they will be collecting so that they can be informed of conflicting interests with other collectors.

Licensing team

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8.30am - 5pm Friday: 8.30am - 4.30pm


Tel: 024 7697 5496


Coventry City Council
PO Box 15
Council House

Is there anything wrong with this page?