Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


Alcohol and entertainment licences

How to object (make a representation)

If you live near a licensed premise that has made a new application or seeks to vary (i.e. extend the hours) an existing premises licence, and this causes you concern, you may want to make a representation/objection to the application.

Responsible Authorities and other persons can lodge representations/objections with the Licensing Authority during the 28 day consultation period.

Objections must be based around one (or more) of the licensing objectives and must be made in writing, and sent to the Licensing Authority within the 28 day consultation period.

The four licensing objectives are:

  1. The prevention of crime and disorder
  2. The protection of children from harm
  3. The prevention of public nuisance
  4. The promotion of public safety

For further information and complete guidance on how to object (make a representation) to an application please download our advice sheet.

Licensing team

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8.30am - 5pm Friday: 8.30am - 4.30pm


Tel: 024 7697 5496


Coventry City Council
PO Box 15
Council House

Is there anything wrong with this page?