Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


Performance licences for children

Pages in Performance licences for children

  1. Performance licences for children
  2. Key issues covered by the regulations
  1. When is a licence not required?
  2. Circumstances where a licence will be required

The rules governing children in entertainment covers children who take part in 'performances', including all broadcast performances, child photography or modelling. Any child engaged in these occupations must have a licence issued by the local authority.

Coventry Education Welfare Service is responsible for administration of the Children (Performances) Regulations (1968), the Children (Performances) (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations (1998) [Children and Young Persons Act].

This includes:

  • Issuing and monitoring the licences for children to perform in theatre, television, film and modelling
  • Issuing and monitoring the licences of chaperones.

The application for a licence must be completed by the person responsible for the performance, and signed by the parents and accompanied by a photograph.

The local authority must be satisfied that arrangements for the supervision and protection of the child are adequate, and that the disruption to the child's education is kept to a minimum.

Children and Family First (Schools)


Tel: 024 7678 5570

82 Moseley Avenue

Is there anything wrong with this page?