List of conservation areas
Coventry has 16 conservation areas. If you want to find out if your property is in a conservation area please download one of the conservation area maps. These are also shown on our online planning map.
All of Coventry's conservation areas are listed here, along with the dates that they were declared.
- Allesley Village - declared 20 December 1968, extended 29 November 1994.
- Kenilworth Road - declared 20 December 1968, extensions agreed 6 September 1978 with effect from 10 October 1978, minor extensions / boundary adjustments approved 6 January 2004.
- Stoke Green, - declared 20 December 1968, extension (allotments south of Binley Road and south west of Stoke Green) and other minor boundary adjustments approved 6 January 2004.
- Greyfriars Green - declared 8 August 1969, extended 6 April 1977.
- Hill Top - declared 8 August 1969, 'outstanding' status given 14 December 1976 (since discontinued), minor boundary adjustment approved 6 January 2004 and further boundary amendments approved 11 December 2014..
- Lady Herbert’s Garden and the Burges - declared 8 August 1969 extended 6 April 1977, minor boundary adjustment approved 6 January 2004, and the boundary amended for a third time 11 December 2014.
- Spon Street - declared 8 August 1969, extension to north (including Ryley Street, with parts of Bond Street, Hill Street, Lower Holyhead Road, and Watch Close) and other minor boundary adjustments approved 6 January 2004.
- Hawkesbury Junction - declared 14 September 1976, jointly with Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, ratified by West Midlands County Council in October 1976.
- Chapelfields - declared 9 November 1976.
- London Road - declared 5 April 1977, given 'outstanding' status 7 October 1977 (since discontinued, but the Cemetery is now also on the English Heritage Parks and Gardens register).
- High Street - declared 12 October 1982 (contiguous with Hill Top Conservation Area).
- Ivy Farm Lane (Canley Hamlet) - declared 16 November 1989, minor boundary adjustments approved 6 January 2004.
- Far Gosford Street - declared 21 October 1992
- Naul's Mill - declared 10 September 2003
- Spon End - declared 10 September 2003
- Coventry Canal - declared 19 June 2012