Student housing

Responsibilities of your Landlord

Your landlord will normally have to give you:

  • A gas safety certificate
  • An energy performance certificate
  • Information on under which scheme your deposit is being held
  • A copy of 'How to Rent' the checklist for renting a property in England as published by the Department of Communities and Local Government
  • The terms of your contract and his name and address

Your landlord is responsible for making sure the property is well managed, kept in good repair and provides a safe and healthy environment. Your landlord cannot harass you or enter your room without notice. If you have a problem with the property try and sort it out with your landlord. If this is not possible, please contact us.

Find out more before you rent.

West Midlands Fire Service has published an interactive website to help people spot fire-related dangers in the home.

Housing Enforcement

Email: [email protected]

Tel: 024 7683 1804


Coventry City Council
PO Box 15
Council House

Is there anything wrong with this page?