Parents and carers - 2, 3 and 4 year old Early Education funding
Children in Foster Care accessing 30 hours of childcare
Foster Carers who work outside of their fostering responsibilities may be entitled to receive extended hours funding for children in their care, increasing the early education offer from 15 to up to 30 hours per week. In order to be considered the following conditions apply
- the child is aged 3 or 4 years and in receipt of the universal element of the Early Education Entitlement (15 hours)
- the foster carer meets the eligibility criteria for extended hours funding
- the allocated Social Worker agrees to the child accessing an extended hours early education place as part of the child’s care plan. This agreement must be in place prior to making an application to the local authority
Please note the following:
- 30 hours is the maximum amount of hours that can be claimed. However, it is perfectly acceptable for the child to access fewer hours.
- Hours must be taken over no less than 38 weeks, up to a maximum of 570 hours across the year
- Foster Carers can choose to pay for additional hours above 30 per week if this is consistent with the care plan
- Costs in addition to direct childcare e.g. food or nappies will not be covered by either the universal or extended hours entitlement funding
- Coventry City Council is responsible for the generation of childcare codes for all eligible, Coventry Looked After Children. This includes children who either have a Coventry address or attend a Coventry childcare setting.
Foster Carers must apply inline with the time frames stated in the 30 hour process;
- Before 31 December for a January start date
- Before 31 March for an April start date
- Before 31 August for a September start date.
- All applications must be re-confirmed every 3 months to ensure continued eligibility. Failure to reconfirm may result in the extended hours provision being withdrawn, in line with the terms and conditions of the funding stream
For further information please see the guidance notes for 30 hours' free childcare for fostered children.