Parents and carers - 2, 3 and 4 year old Early Education funding
Children in Foster Care accessing 30 hours of childcare
As of September 2018 Foster Carers who work outside their fostering responsibilities are entitled to claim for support to access up to 30 hours per week free childcare. This is an increase to the universal entitlement to 15 hours childcare for children aged 3 and 4.
Eligibility and criteria for accessing free childcare.
In order to apply for the childcare, this must be consistent with the child’s care plan. Foster Carers are required to check with the Child’s allocated social worker before making an application.
Please note the following:
- 30 hours is a maximum amount and the code can be used for less hours per week
- Foster Carers can choose to fund additional hours above 30 per week if this is consistent with the care plan
- Costs in addition to direct child care e.g. food or nappies will not be covered
- Coventry City Council is responsible for the generation of childcare codes for all Coventry Looked After Children whether the child’s address or childcare setting is within Coventry or elsewhere.
- Foster Carers must apply within the time frames stated in the 30 hour process - 31 December for a January start date, 31 March for an April start date, 31 August for a September start date.
- All applications must be re-confirmed every 3 months to ensure eligibility still remains the same
For further information please see the guidance notes for 30 hours' free childcare for fostered children.