Community Resilience Team Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice explains how Coventry City Councils' Community Resilience Team will use your personal information, and who it will be shared with.
Why we need information about you
We collect your name and contact details so that we can provide the following services
- Community Capacity and Resilience Bursary
- Contact database
- Giveaway Schemes
- Funding support
- Transfer of Assets and Services
- Community Champions
We use this information so that we can:
- Monitor how the services we provide are used
- Know what benefits we get from the giveaway schemes and bursary
- Help us to stay in touch with you about our services
- Complete statistical reports for Government departments
- Deliver and improve our services
The lawful reason we rely on is because we need your personal data as a Council to perform tasks in the public interest.
Who we share your data with
We do not share your information with other organisations but share it with the Council departments. We share:
- Bursary scheme information with the Insight and Engagement Team to help us make decisions about the bursary support we give.
- Library volunteer information with Library Service so that we can contact volunteers, and with Human Resources department so that volunteers can be given access to the e-learning system.
- Asset and services transfer information with Property Services so that they can support us in the decision-making process.
- Laptop giveaway information – with our ICT department help us deliver the laptop scheme.
- Bursary scheme, Asset and Services transfer information with the Internal Audit Team to make sure that the Council's money is used correctly.
- Community Champions information with our Migration team and Insight and Engagement Team, allowing us to send accurate messaging out from Public Health
How long we keep your information for
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it. Information used for marketing and management is kept for 6 years, or for 6 years after the funding or monitoring period.
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of your information
- Have any wrong information about you corrected
- Have information erased
- Restrict processing of your information
To exercise any of these rights please contact the Community Resilience Team and/or email [email protected]
You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the Council regarding your data. In these circumstances you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision. [email protected]
If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioners Office at:
The Information Commissioners Office,
Date of last review: July 2018