There are some key steps you can take to prevent the spread of infection:
- You should not go inside the home of anyone you do not live with, especially vulnerable people or people who believe they may be infected and are isolating themselves.
- If you are picking things up for others, try to limit the amount of time you spend outside of your home by picking up essential items for them when you do your own shopping or collect their medicines during the same trip.
- You should stay 2m or six feet away from anyone you do not live with at all times. Do not share a car journey with them.
- You should also regularly wash your hands with soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
- Do not volunteer if you or someone in your household develops Coronavirus symptoms - anyone with symptoms of coronavirus must self-isolate for at least 7 days; other household members must self-isolate for 14 days.