Paying for care and support and accessing financial advice

Pages in Paying for care and support and accessing financial advice

  1. Paying for care and getting advice
  1. I pay for my own care and support what help is available to me?

Paying for care and getting advice

How much will I have to pay for my care? 

What you pay depends on what your needs are, how much money you have, and what level and type of care and support you require. Care and support services are not free. Most people have to pay something towards their own care and some will have to pay for all of the costs.

We may cover some or all of the cost of care in some circumstances, but help is "means-tested".

Find out if you are likely to have to contribute towards your social care support.

If we consider that you need support that it can provide, we may also carry out a financial assessment. This assessment will determine;

  • whether the local authority will meet all the cost of your care,
  • or whether you will need to contribute towards your care cost,
  • or whether you will have to meet the full costs yourself.

Where can I get personal advice on care funding?

The cost of care and support is likely to be a long-term commitment and may be substantial, particularly if you choose to go into a care home, or if you have care needs at an early age. If you or a member of the family need to pay for care at home or in a care home, it is important to understand the alternatives. This makes advice tailored to your individual needs vital. You can get advice from:

Financial assessments team

Tel: 024 7683 3575

Coventry City Council
PO Box 15
Council House

Is there anything wrong with this page?