Are you "Carer Aware?"
Pages in Are you "Carer Aware?"
- Are you "Carer Aware?"
- Are you young carer aware?
Are you young carer aware?
If you would like to find out more about the role and rights of young carers and how they can be supported why not take a look at our Young Carer Aware course.
Despite the recent media focus on carers, a large and important group are all too often overlooked: young carers. And that's where our Young Carer Aware e-learning course can help.
Young Carer Aware provides everyone with a practical understanding of young carers and their needs. More importantly, though, it signposts all the sources of support that are available to help them enjoy a happy, fulfilling childhood.
Young Carer Aware is made up of four bite-sized sections:
- Young but not care free - Defines "young carer" and provides key facts and figures on young carers and the work they do.
- Legislation and children's rights - Introduces the rights of children and the legislation in place to protect young carers. Now fully revised and updated to incorporate the Children & Families Act and Care Act.
- Meeting the needs of young carers - Explores the problems young carers can face and the services available to support them.
- Test your knowledge - Comprehensive mastery test to verify each user's knowledge and understanding of the contents of the course.